Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How to re-use blank in a query excelsius Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Andrea M
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Feb 2011
Location: Italy
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Andrea M Replybullet Topic: How to re-use blank in a query excelsius
     Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 9:20am
Hi,

I'm setting some field through an excelsius selector. Excelsius writes the resul of the selection on a specific cell (let's say cell B2). The results can either be a value (a text) or a Blank (no selection).
Then I use this cell (B2), as part of a cell range that is used in the Criteria filed of a DGET formula. eg. DGET(DB; field; A1:B2)

That works. In fact, when the selection is blank, DGET does consider B2 as a blank, and correctly report the first record based only on criteria in A2 cell.

But then, I need to use the result of selection in B2 for many more DGET query. These other DGETs points to a different criteria cell range, eg. DGET(DB; field; A5:B7). Now, if I set cell B7 = B2, DGET does not work anymore. Even if I set it with a condition eg B7: if(isblank(B2);"";B2) , DGET does not work, (only when) in Preview.

How can I solve it ?

Thanks,
Andrea



IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum