| Author |
Message |
Hackareatech
Newbie
Joined: 07 Jan 2019
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Topic: Crystal Command Format a String Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 4:47am |
|
I am writing a Crystal Command for use with a Cache DB.
My parameter sent in to the command is a STRING variable in the format of Prog&Prog&Prog (ex. 1-BA04&1-BA05&7-FN01) with no preceding or trailing characters such as ' " space, etc.
The where clause in my query looks similar to this:
WHERE program_code IN {?program_list}
Because this is alphanumeric list, I need the format to ultimately be:
WHERE program_code IN '1-BA04','1-BA05','7-FN01'
My question is how to add the beginning and ending single quote ' AND the ',' (single quote comma single quote) between the program names.
I have modified my WHERE to look like this:
WHERE program_code IN REPLACE(?program_list),'&',''',''')
I'm not sure if that will truly replace my & with ',' and I'm still missing the beginning and ending '
Any help in this would be most appreciated.
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:54am |
|
are you asking how to multi-select in a parameter (from a program list) and use the multiple selections to filter the data set?
Edited by DBlank - 11 Jan 2019 at 10:55am
|
IP Logged |
|
hilfy
Admin Group
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
|

Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 7:00am |
|
If you just pass it in as a multi-select parameter instead of the "&" delimited string, Crystal knows how to parse it to get it in the correct format.
You would then just have this in the where clause:
WHERE program_code in {?program_list}
-Dell
|
|
|
IP Logged |
|
Hackareatech
Newbie
Joined: 07 Jan 2019
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 11:37am |
|
Thank you Hilfy, but I can't change the format of the string before it hits the crystal report. The string is an ampersand (&) delimited string.
We are going a different route and running a stored procedure to run the crystal against.
|
IP Logged |
|