Crystal Command Format a String

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

I am writing a Crystal Command for use with a Cache DB.

My parameter sent in to the command is a STRING variable in the format of Prog&Prog&Prog (ex. 1-BA04&1-BA05&7-FN01) with no preceding or trailing characters such as ' " space, etc.

The where clause in my query looks similar to this:
WHERE program_code IN {?program_list}

Because this is alphanumeric list, I need the format to ultimately be:
WHERE program_code IN '1-BA04','1-BA05','7-FN01'

My question is how to add the beginning and ending single quote ' AND the ',' (single quote comma single quote) between the program names.

I have modified my WHERE to look like this:
WHERE program_code IN REPLACE(?program_list),'&',''',''')

I'm not sure if that will truly replace my & with ',' and I'm still missing the beginning and ending '

Any help in this would be most appreciated.
are you asking how to multi-select in a parameter (from a program list) and use the multiple selections to filter the data set?

Edited by DBlank - 11 Jan 2019 at 10:55am
If you just pass it in as a multi-select parameter instead of the "&" delimited string, Crystal knows how to parse it to get it in the correct format.

You would then just have this in the where clause:

WHERE program_code in {?program_list}

-Dell
Thank you Hilfy, but I can't change the format of the string before it hits the crystal report. The string is an ampersand (&) delimited string.

We are going a different route and running a stored procedure to run the crystal against.