Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: "set to null" on parameters Post Reply Post New Topic
CRNewbie32

Online Status: Offline
Quote CRNewbie32 Replybullet Topic: "set to null" on parameters
    Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 7:53am
Can anyone tell me what "set to null" on the parameter screen is or does? We run Crystal reports from Lawson's dashboard and this "appears" to serve no purpose and is distracting but I haven't been able to find it in the book or in my research. I would like to remove it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
TrytoworkwithSQLServerCrystal
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 7:01am
It sets the value of the parameter being passed to NULL.  This may have no effect on the report.  Yes, it is distracting. No, I don't know how to suppress it. It gives the user the ability to skip a parameter, but usually the parameter is needed and skipping it is not an option.

HTH
IP IP Logged
CRNewbie32

Quote CRNewbie32 Replybullet Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 8:18am
I did find info on the BO website that you can (supposedly) suppress by calling the stored procedure with a Command connection but you have to add the parameters (I have 9) and if the syntax isn't right, you have to add the parameters all over again. I gave up. Plus it seemed to be adding yet another level of complexity to an already complex report. Wish it was just a parameter checkbox.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 10:57am
My company got tired of the Crystal parameter screen.  Our application creates a wizard to step the user through the parameter selection then gets the dataset and passes it to the report...simplified my life considerably as the wizard is much more flexible in presentation and retrieval of what the user wants (and we have control over the whole process).
IP IP Logged
CRNewbie32

Quote CRNewbie32 Replybullet Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 1:12pm
That sounds like a great solution. However, we're publishing reports to Lawson's LBI dashboard. We remove their parameters (looks better and more functionality???) so it shows the Crystal parameters. I would just like to get rid of this one thing but I don't think its worth the effort at this point.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version