Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Cross-Tabs Post Reply Post New Topic
Tupacmoche
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote Tupacmoche Replybullet Topic: Cross-Tabs
    Posted: 04 Jun 2007 at 10:31am

I have added a cross-tab to my report and need some help in formatting it. The columns are months and the rows are financial number. My problem is that most of the months are not populated with data at this time and what the cross-tab object does is eliminated the column when there is no data. This presents a problem since columns are shifted over. See example below

9 10 11 Total
Total 2347.5 834475.6 0 836823.1
10 Total
500.347.3 500.347.3
11 Total
84198.5 84198.5
I want the colums to align even if there is no data for the column and  if possible can I eliminate the column headers 9, 10, 11 and Total completly?
Rob
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 04 Jun 2007 at 11:13am
Can you insert some dummy records in the table that has one zero value for each month that you want to display? That get the cross-tab to display the column. Another idea is to create a sql table with one record for each month number you want to display. Then do a left-outer join on the table so that it forces a record for each month.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version