Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Cannot Connect to DB after Deployment to other PC Post Reply Post New Topic
gsina

Online Status: Offline
Quote gsina Replybullet Topic: Cannot Connect to DB after Deployment to other PC
    Posted: 23 May 2009 at 8:45am
Hello there, I'm new to this forum, but old with CR (since version 8). I have a strange problem that makes me so frustrated the last 2 weeks.
I'm using VS2008 and CR2008 against SQLServer2008 - 2008 everywhere Big%20smile
References in VS project are of version 2008, and CrystalReportViewer used is version 12 - 2008 Big%20smile
I created a report against my local sqlserver(via SQL ADO, Native to SQLServer), and call it from inside VB.NET code without a problem, against my db or even against a customer's db that is "visible" from web. That sounds good so far.
When I deploy it to the clients pc, using basic CR from deployment wizard and Crystal Runtime 12, installation goes fine, but when executing it I cannot connect to the DB which is at the customer's site (SQL Server 2008 Express Edition). Function TestConnectivity() fails, with the credentials that connects from my remote pc as said earlier. ConfusedConfusedConfused
I've tried all combinations
rpt from crustal 12 & 10
vs 2008 & 2005
Crystal reportViewer Control of version 10 & 12
ADO connecttion to SQL Server & Native Connection to SQLServer

I'm at the same spot, 2 weeks now and cannot proceed. Can you help me please, I never thought, I'll that trouble after 10 years with these tools.

What can be wrong? Visual Studio? Crystal Reports? or combination of both?

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version