Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Running totals: Custom Reset via Formula? Post Reply Post New Topic
PunchngMrGrumpy

Online Status: Offline
Quote PunchngMrGrumpy Replybullet Topic: Running totals: Custom Reset via Formula?
    Posted: 17 Apr 2007 at 12:28pm
Hi All,

I tried to attach a screenshot to help make up for my inability to describe the situation I'm dealing with here, but got a "insufficient privalage" error but I'll try to describe what I want to do here anyway.

I created my first CR report I have three groups within this report that currently use distinct Running Totals fields that Reset at the group levels that I assigned. I am attempting to create a single Running Totals field that will reset depending on which Group is being calculated at the moment so that I don't have to have a separate Running Totals object for each and every group. I'm not sure how to do this or write this formula as I'm new to Crystal Reports and am used to SQL Reporting Services where this evaluation is automatically done for you (I was spoiled I guess).

For example, if the Running Totals field control is in Group #1, I want it to reset at Group #1, and Group#2 to reset at Group #2, etc.

So basically I'm attempting to use a formula to create a Reset point that is determined by which group the data is being calculated in. Is this possible? I realize that it is possible by simply creating a new running total object for each group, but this seems completely redundant and overly time consuming for larger reports where there are multiple groups.

I'm developing the report with Crystal Reports within Visual Studio 2005 if that helps any.

If I could find out how to identify the current group at evaluation time that would help a lot.

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version