Talk with the Author
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Talk with the Author
Message Icon Topic: Variances Post Reply Post New Topic
nmartin

Online Status: Offline
Quote nmartin Replybullet Topic: Variances
    Posted: 26 Sep 2008 at 2:15pm
I just bought your book yesterday and paged through it today hoping to find the holy grail to solve my crosstab quandry. Unfortunately, it wasn't there. I looked through the forum and it seems others have the same question as me - how do you calculcate a difference in a crosstab query.

To use an example from the book (pg.490), say I wanted to see the difference between Argentina and Aruba in terms of total orders. How do I do this? What I really am trying to do is see the difference between a portfolio and its peer by maturity bucket and quality rating. For example, portfolio x has a weight of 4.5% in AAA, 0-10 yr maturity and x's peer has 3.75%. So for that section of the crosstab, I want to see 0.75%. In the following columns I want to see the remaining quality buckets and the rows would show me the remaining maturities. Let's say there are 20 portfolio/peer combinations for which I only want to see the difference between each combination in the crosstab.

I guess I am confused because the crosstab does all my grouping & summarizing for me based on various if statements I've created. How to sum that information for the portfolio and sum it for the peer and then find the difference eludes me.

I hope you understand what I'm asking and apologize if this is a blatantly obvious question. I am 3 days into using Crystal. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version