Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Crystal 9 & Date/Date-Time Fields Post Reply Post New Topic
Wally417

Online Status: Offline
Quote Wally417 Replybullet Topic: Crystal 9 & Date/Date-Time Fields
    Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 9:43am
We are just now upgrading from Crystal Reports 8.5 to Crystal 9. In 8.5 the Reporting Tab in the Options dialog allowed us to state that date and date-time fields should not be kept as date-time fields and not converted to string. Similarly the Report Options dialog had a 'Convert Date-Time Field' option that let us specify essentially the same thing.

I don't see these options in Crystal 9, and our Informix date columns are being treated as strings in Crystal 9. How can I tell Crystal 9 to leave date and datetime fields as they are?

Here's how the problem presents itself to me: in Crystal 9 I pull up a report that works fine under 8.5. When I hit the Refresh button I am asked to set values for the report parameters. Those parameters include two dates which will ultimately be used in the record selection criteria. After entering the parameters I see a Verify Database message box letting me know that a database table has changed and the report is going to be "fixed up" (the database table hasn't changed and I don't get the message when pulling the report up in v8.5). Then I get the Map Fields dialog with the Match Types checkbox checked. The database column that I need to map to the report column does not appear until I uncheck the Match Types checkbox. Once the mapping is done the Record Selection Formula Editor pops up with an error message stating 'A string is required here'; the highlighted portion of the formula is a date parameter being used as a filter with the column I had to map earlier.

Thanks for your help!
Wally417
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version