Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic Parameter Support within vb.net Post Reply Post New Topic
nghouri

Online Status: Offline
Quote nghouri Replybullet Topic: Dynamic Parameter Support within vb.net
    Posted: 12 Mar 2007 at 11:18am
I have an existing VB.Net application which loads selected Crystal XI reports and passes parameter values to the report from controls on the User's GUI. The code looks at the properties of each parameter field and determines its type, current values, default values etc and presents the appropriate interface to the user for parameter input. I am having trouble accessing or even identifying dynamic parameter lists which I want to refresh and present to the user for selection in a ComboBox or similar. I have several static lists which work fine. Is this a version issue? Are Dynamic ( and cascading ) parameters supported in .NET?
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 12 Mar 2007 at 11:37am
I "think" that the properties of DCPs are not accessible via the object model. You can use .NET to call these reports and print them, but I don't think you have runtime access to the properties. One think to check is to make sure you have CR XI R2. They added more .NET features to R2, but I haven't downloaded it yet to see what exactly these new features are.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
nghouri

Quote nghouri Replybullet Posted: 13 Mar 2007 at 2:48am

Many thanks for your reply. Yes I am using Crystal Reports ver XI Release II but I dont find any object to access dynamic parameter values although I can manipulate all discrete parameter types.

I got hundreds of crystal reports designed by various departments and I want to run them from a vb.net based interface by selecting reports and providing respected parameters. It gonna be quite frustating if I got to design .Net interface for each report instead I want to run all reports from one .Net interface.

Anyways thanks alot for your thoughts.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version