Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: 2problems Post Reply Post New Topic
mehrdadc48

Online Status: Offline
Quote mehrdadc48 Replybullet Topic: 2problems
    Posted: 09 Feb 2008 at 12:54am
Hi,
I have 2 problems with crystal report:
1- when my DB (SQL Server 2005) have userLogin, in each page that a report should be displayed a login form appears for DB user.
2- when my server (connection string) changes, there is no filxed place to change the servername and the reports that is biuld on a server with name 'A' don't work on server 'B', and should be rebuild in new server.
a place such as Settings can not be used for connectionstring??
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Online Status: Offline
Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 09 Feb 2008 at 9:19am
I would guess your  login problem comes from the way the user is authenticated in SQL Server. This may be a problem more on database side than the report side. There are a number of solutions some may not be acceptable. Those would be to use windows authentication on the database, create a new user to use with the reports and hard code in the password and login, etc.

The changing of the connection string needs a coding solution outside the report. You could remedy it through use of an ODBC connection, then changing it to point to the correct server, or pull the data from the dataset, and using .Net to populate the dataset from the appropriate server. You could have a create a config that would the hold connection data and then have the application pull that connection data in some fashion.

There are probably others on the fourm  that have different solutions, I hope this will get the conversation started and you will find the solution that works best for you.

Regards,

John W.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version