Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Pass formula value FROM report to vb.net Post Reply Post New Topic
bbauer1973

Online Status: Offline
Quote bbauer1973 Replybullet Topic: Pass formula value FROM report to vb.net
    Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 1:50pm
I know how to pass parameters to a report, but how do you get a vlaue from the report to use by a vb.net control?

Thanks in advance!
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 3:05pm
You can't. There are some VERY generic things you can find out about the report, and you can do this by using one of the ReportDocument events. But CR isn't designed to pass it's data to VB.NET once the report starts running.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
bbauer1973

Quote bbauer1973 Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 6:07am
Ahh, bummer.  -but you can pass formula values to a db via stored procedures, correct?

Does your book go into that?  Its enroute from Amazon.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 8:51am
Yes, you can update a database using a stored procedure. However, this is a feature of CR XI and I explain it in the Crystal Reports Encyclopedia book. To be honest, I haven't tried this using .NET yet, and I don't know if it has that functionality in it. Thus, I don't cover it in the .NET Programming book that I have out. I'll have to try it in .NET 2005 and see if it works or not.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version