Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Best way to do this report? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Hwach

Online Status: Offline
Quote Hwach Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 4:22am
Okay I have a problem as it is only showing one of my operation names/one record per person. This cross tab would be perfect if it showed them all but I understand you cannot place the crosstab into a details section.

As you can see in the image, it isn't bringing through all the operations or more than one record per person....

Not sure what the solution is for this.

Edited by Hwach - 25 Jul 2014 at 4:25am
IP IP Logged
Hwach

Quote Hwach Replybullet Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 5:44am
Bump
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 8:42am
Not really sure I understand your question.
If the values are not in the report at all then it is a data selection or join issue.
If they are not in the 'correct' cell of the crosstab then your report grouping or crosstab row and/or column sections are the issue.
since the crosstab is in a GH, the first filter applies to that instance of the crosstab is to only include a row that falls into that one group.
Most likely your issue is that you want to show cells for records that don't exist. That can be done but it is more difficult at a group level like you have it.
Basically a crosstab only shows a column (or row) when that value exists in the data set creating it. By breaking things into groups if no row exists in that group with the value of 'Excel 105 run...' it can't be includeding in that CT in that group.
IP IP Logged
Hwach

Quote Hwach Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by DBlank

Not really sure I understand your question.
If the values are not in the report at all then it is a data selection or join issue.

If they are not in the 'correct' cell of the crosstab then your report grouping or crosstab row and/or column sections are the issue.

since the crosstab is in a GH, the first filter applies to that instance of the crosstab is to only include a row that falls into that one group.

Most likely your issue is that you want to show cells for records that don't exist. That can be done but it is more difficult at a group level like you have it.

Basically a crosstab only shows a column (or row) when that value exists in the data set creating it. By breaking things into groups if no row exists in that group with the value of 'Excel 105 run...' it can't be includeding in that CT in that group.

Basically I have a field called operationlength and a field called operation which can be linked to operator. I need to be able to show all the operations and their lengths for that operator. Since there is only one field, I am not sure how to select each individual operation. The cross tab worked, but it only pulls through data for one operation instead of every operation that person had done...
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version