Tips and Tricks
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Tips and Tricks
Message Icon Topic: Totaling with a cuple of 1 to Many relationships Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
DoubleD

Online Status: Offline
Quote DoubleD Replybullet Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 11:09am
Originally posted by otto

you should do an inner join in order to populate all the records you have.

Are you sure about inner join ?

I swapped my tables around and now the report is running forever. Makes  scene I am no longer linking a 1 to many but a many to many so if I have 200 records in one and 100 n the other I have to pull back 100 record 200 times. OK time to try the Full outer join and put the tables back the way they were

Again thanks for your help

See below for what my Documentation tells me on joins

Inner
An Inner join is the standard type of join. The result set from an Inner join includes all the records in which the linked field value in both tables is an exact match.

Left outer
The result set from a Left Outer join includes all the records in which the linked field value in both tables is an exact match. It also includes a row for every record in the primary (left) table for which the linked field value has no match in the lookup table

Right Outer
The result set from a Right Outer join includes all the records in which the linked field value in both tables is an exact match. It also includes a row for every record in the lookup (right) table for which the linked field value has no match in the primary table

Full Outer
A Full Outer join is a bidirectional outer join where you can see all records in your linked tables. The result set from a Full Outer join includes all the records in which the linked field value in both tables is an exact match. It also includes a row for every record in the primary (left) table for which the linked field value has no match in the lookup table, and a row for every record in the lookup (right) table for which the linked field value has no match in the primary table

IP IP Logged
otto
Groupie
Groupie

Quote otto Replybullet Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 3:01am
try doing a left outer but in this way
INV-->INV Ware--->INV Move
because you cannot have movement for each warehouse but if you have movement that will belong to a warehouse
IP IP Logged
DoubleD

Quote DoubleD Replybullet Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 3:39am
Originally posted by otto

try doing a left outer but in this way
INV-->INV Ware--->INV Move
because you cannot have movement for each warehouse but if you have movement that will belong to a warehouse

I finally got this to work. I made  2 Passes if you will

INV - INV Ware  (did a small selection to exclude a couple of WH we didn't want and qty <> 0 )  then I made a subreport (2nd pass as I call it) going to INV Move  I grouped on partno on both main and sub reports and It all came out.

The report took 2.5 + hours to extract to excel but then I changed the report options to do grouping on the server and it sped things up  maybe 5 minutes to do the extract

Star Thank you for all your help and patience with my newbie questions

Edited by DoubleD - 21 Mar 2014 at 3:41am
IP IP Logged
otto
Groupie
Groupie

Quote otto Replybullet Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 3:48am
I am newbie like you, so was a help between newbies, hahaha. You are very welcome
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version