Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: NEWBE Post Reply Post New Topic
lonh

Online Status: Offline
Quote lonh Replybullet Topic: NEWBE
    Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 7:37am
Could someone please guide me to what training for books on line i need for "SAP CRYSTAL REPORTS FOR DEVELOPER VERSION FOR MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIOS 2010. I have purchased 2 of Brian's books. cr XI and .net 2005/2008. XI book tells me its not for .net. and .net 2005/2008 is not compatible with
,net 2010, or any way the sample code will not load in vb.net 2010. I am running out of time and could lose my job. I have already written the program to collect the data thats needed in vb.net 2010 using SQL as the database. I now have to write the reports. I am struggling please help me.

Thanks Lon
Poppy Lon
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 5:00am
I would highly doubt that 2005/10 is not compatible with 2010.

Regardless, if you have already retrieved the data in the application and all you have to do is to display the data in a report, there isn't too much to do.

The general steps would be to create report viewer, and a report. (this should be easy to find on the web).

for building the report, if your app already has the data, just set your dataset to the datasource of the report. As for designing the report using the data from the app, stop your app after the dataset is complet and have the dataset write itself out to xml(dataset.writexml(file name, withSchema). in the report set the data connector to ado.net, and point it at the file you just wrote out. Now just design the report...

I realize its a brief overview, but it should be enough to get started/pointed in the right direction and what you need to look for.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version