Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Merging PDF output from Crystal Post Reply Post New Topic
wanderingbob

Online Status: Offline
Quote wanderingbob Replybullet Topic: Merging PDF output from Crystal
    Posted: 14 Dec 2007 at 3:29pm
Greetings,

I am using Crystal Reports Business Objects XI.

Suppose I am using Crystal Reports to create outputs such as bills or invoices.  There could be many bill or invoice formats, each represented by a Crystal Reports object definition with it's own data source  In the app I'm working with, persistent output is usually in the format of Adobe PDF files.

Is there a way to make the output of a Crystal report merge with an existing PDF file, rather than creating a new one?  I know that ColdFusion and other tools are available to merge PDF files, but it would be preferred to do this using Crystal Reports itself, without an additional software.

Thank you,
Bob
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
IP IP Logged
Lugh

Online Status: Offline
Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 17 Dec 2007 at 4:50am
AFAIK, Crystal cannot handle this natively.  You may be able to write an ASP wrapper that will do it (essentially exporting the report as PDF, then using another tool, such as ColdFusion, to merge the documents).

Depending on your exact needs, another option may be to create a master report, and have each of your invoices in it as subreports.  You can control which invoices print with conditional suppression, even using parameter fields in the condition to let the user control which invoice prints in which format.  Then, you could export the whole thing as one PDF file.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version