Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Report Remote mode Post Reply Post New Topic
bond_003

Online Status: Offline
Quote bond_003 Replybullet Topic: Crystal Report Remote mode
    Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 9:14am
Hi,
I have a very basic question.

We use Crystal reporting in our application. The crystal report files (.rpt) are hosted/available in the same server as the application server.
This causes a performance hit on the application server since it is loaded with application related performance and additionally the crystal reports execution.

We planned to migrate/start using SSRS reporting since we could publish our SSRS report in the SQL server and thereby offloading work onto a different server from the application server, using the ProcessingMode="Remote" option. Refer reportviewer tag below:

<rsweb:ReportViewer ID="rptViewer" runat="server" Visible="true" ProcessingMode="Remote" SizeToReportContent="true" AsyncRendering="false" Width="100%" meta:resourcekey="rptViewerResource1" ></rsweb:ReportViewer>

My question is: Is it possible to do something similar with Crystal reports since I read a lot about Crystal reports having better perforamnce with rendering reports as compared to SSRS. Can I get some guidance if it is possible to host Crystal reports on a seperate server and how.
Any known setbacks in Executing reports that are published on a report server.
thanks for any help.
Let me know if more information is needed. Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version