Talk with the Author
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Talk with the Author
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Report License Post Reply Post New Topic
momer79

Online Status: Offline
Quote momer79 Replybullet Topic: Crystal Report License
    Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 6:58am
Hi,

In the past i have designed reports in crystal reports XI for .Net (2008) applications and never looked into crystal report tool which comes with VS2008.

-What is the difference b/w Crystal Report XI Software and Crystal Report tool in Visual Studio 2008/2010?

We are designing web based application in .Net 2010 and thinking about using crystal report for designing, viewing and printing reports. Application will be published on server (64-bit) and over 250 users will be accessing this application.

-Do we need to buy 250 licenses or just one license for CR-XI or later version (Not Visual Studio version) ?

-What are the pros and cons of using crystal report which comes with Visual Studio aparat from buying license?

Edited by momer79 - 07 Jul 2012 at 6:59am
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 7:00am
Crystal XI is no longer sold.  You would have to get either Crystal 2008 or Crystal 2011.  You need one license for each person who will be designing reports.  I think you can distribute report like you're currently doing without having to pay extra, but you would need to verify that.

The runtime/designer that comes with Visual Studio 2008 or can be downloaded for VS 2010 is Crystal 10, so there are some new features that it's missing.  Also, I find the designer component in VS to be clunky and sometimes difficult to use - I much prefer creating my reports in Crystal itself when I can.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version