Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Just Started Post Reply Post New Topic
alhomed44

Online Status: Offline
Quote alhomed44 Replybullet Topic: Just Started
    Posted: 15 Nov 2007 at 1:09am
Hi All ,

I have just started learning on crystal report , ihave generated one crystal report using report wizard but still I'm feeling blank , can anyone guide me through how to step to the right step in learning crystal report and how its code is implemented in .netl  
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 15 Nov 2007 at 12:30pm

Your questions is pretty large in scope.

Essentially you create the report in the report designer. If you do the report creation outside of .Net you will need to add the report to your .Net project.

Once you have the report, you need to add a CR report viewer to a form in your project. Then you can use code or the property tags to set the Report Source (and other functionality), which will be the name of your report in the project.

You can then run the form and the report should show in the viewer.  If you are calling the form holding the CR report view object you will need to use the appropriate .Net code to make that event happen.

This is a pretty high level overview but should give you the concepts. The .Net help for Crystal Reports should give the information you need.  I would encourage to get a book like Brian's .Net book as a resource since the help files are not always reader friendly.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards,

John W.

IP IP Logged
wattsjr
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wattsjr Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2007 at 2:30pm
To add to John's reply;

The books full title is "Crystal Reports .NET Programming".  It is an excellent book, and I always keep it close by.  I found it very helpful when I started learning how to code in .Net.

Brian's full name is Brian Bischof.  He has either written or co-authored several books which can be found on Amazon.com as well as other booksellers.

Regards,

Edited by wattsjr - 19 Nov 2007 at 2:32pm
-jrw
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version