Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Report Complex Design Issue Post Reply Post New Topic
VenkateshVaraka

Online Status: Offline
Quote VenkateshVaraka Replybullet Topic: Crystal Report Complex Design Issue
    Posted: 04 Nov 2007 at 10:57am

Hi,

I have problem in designing the report (Crystal Report 9.0) with multiple groups wih a sub report in each group with a a group header and footer with a

detail section in each report.

My requirement is as follows.
1) Xxxx-sub report
will have one header conetnt and footer content and detail ection in the middle grouped on one parameter
2) Yyyyysub report
will have one header conetnt and footer content and detail ection in the middle grouped on one parameter
3) Zzzzzsub report
4)ABCdsub report
will have one header one footer in group headers grouper on two prameters, My requirement demands customised detail section i.e.
static conetent followed by detail section and a static conetnt(which should not repeat with child table records,should come only once with the a record and

s) and detail section.

example:

main table of the sub report 4 has records m1,m2,m3,m4... and child table has

m1c1m,m1c2,m1c3,m1c4,m2c1,m2c2,m2c3,m2c4,m3c1,m3c2,m3c3,m3c4,m4c1,m4c2,m4c3,m4c4...

The staic content should come only with m1,m2,m3,m4 not with m1c1,m1c2....
like this I need in two places in the same report which may have 500 recors printed in single report.

all the above section should be suppressable with a condition including the top 3 reports.

I am able to get the top 3 reports as per the requirement but my forth sub report is getting displayed after each sub-group 1,2,3 which is not happening with

1,2,3. Only 4th set is repeating with 1,2,3.

THis report is attached with 6 datasets.

I linked the main report main table with 1,2,3 (main Table) report filling table but when I am trying to link the 4th table main table  I am able to link but

I am not getting the result on the report.
All the dataset has the one common column. sub report 1,2,3 are filled with common datasets with condition suppressing where as 4th report is filled with

different results .

1) My question is why the 4 the report is report is repeating with 1,2,3 why 1,2,3 are coming as expected.
2) Is it possible to create

Please help me in designing the report as per the requiremnt and suggest me if I need any design modifictions.

Your suggestions and inputs are highy appreciated.
Thanks for sparing time in going through my problem and I will be grateful if give solution and share if you have similar experiences.

Thanks

Venkatesh Varakala.

Venkatesh Varakala-Systems Analyst
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 1:39pm
Your request for help seems a bit large for a forum question. Maybe that is just me feeling a bit overwhelmed. Perhaps if you could present your first issue and question.

If you read my postings here I am not a huge fan of subreports. I wonder if you cant better design your report by making fuller use of SQL queries and CR grouping functions. This may be possible since you have said that all the data can be related. 

The people on this forum are great and really try to help, so if you can give us a specific issue or two it would be appreciated.  Once you have that sorted out we can take on the next issue.

Sorry I cannot be of more help at this time.

Regards,
John W.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 2:13pm
I agree with John. I think it would take a while to actually map out these specs and figure out what is going wrong. Most people on the forum are happy to help with answering questions, but something this complex requires a lot more effort than usual. Sorry.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
VenkateshVaraka

Quote VenkateshVaraka Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 8:32pm
I am new to this forum,
I am sorry for the detailed posting ..
the problem in short is
I have 4 sub reports... 1,2,3 are binded to single dataset/datasorce
and 4th bind to another datasorce. data source1 and datatsorce 2 has linked to one common main data source.

my 4th report is repeating with 1,2,3 sub reports.. which should not repeat .My result report should be 1,2,3,4 not 1,4,2,4,3,4,4,4..

Thanks in advance  for your time and expertise.

Venkatesh Varakala
Venkatesh Varakala-Systems Analyst
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 09 Nov 2007 at 2:25pm

It may be in the layout of the report.  If you would show us the way the sub reports are layed out.  Look at the Section Expert.  It would help us eliminate problems caused by the way CR passes through the various report sections. (yes we always check the easy things first)

Regards,

John W.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version