Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Integrate Crystal Reports with 3rd Party app. Post Reply Post New Topic
tobinnorth

Online Status: Offline
Quote tobinnorth Replybullet Topic: Integrate Crystal Reports with 3rd Party app.
    Posted: 25 Jan 2007 at 7:00pm

How can I integrate Crystal reports with a 3rd party application?

I believe there is a Crystal report compiler available that will allow me to change a report into an executable which can then be ran on a computer that does not have Crystal reports installed on.  If this compiler exists where can I find it or does anyone have any other ideas on how I can accomplish this?

Thank you

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2007 at 12:15am
I think the compiler you're referring to came with Crystal Reports 8 or something like that. It doesn't exist in the latest edition. You would have to buy Visual Studio.NET to incorpate Crystal Reports into an application.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
tobinnorth

Quote tobinnorth Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2007 at 8:56am
The company I work for has Crystal Reports version 8 Professional edition.  I was informed by a co-worker that the compiler is only included in the developers addition but I can probably find a free copy and attach it to my professional edition.  Do you know where I may be able to find a copy of the compiler?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2007 at 10:27am
I may be wrong but IIRC, the option to compile reports is part of the "Save As" menu.  If it's not there, it's part of the File menu.  If you don't have the option, you don't have the right version to be able to compile.

Crystal 8 is no longer supported by BusinessObjects, so I doubt you'll be able to find any sort of compiler on their website.  There are third-party viewer tools available, but you'll probably have to pay for them.  You can find a list of some of the third-party tools for Crystal at http://www.kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html.

-Dell

Edited by hilfy - 31 Jan 2007 at 11:57am
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2007 at 11:16pm
I got some more info on the Crystal Reports compiler. I found out that this was last supported for Crystal Reports 7. They stopped distributing it after that. They also say that if you decide to use it with Crystal Reports 8.5, then you need to have the Developer edition. Using it with the Crystal Reports Professional is a licensing violation.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version