Message Icon Topic: Crystal 10 - help with Checkbox Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2007 at 1:30pm
 I will give a try, and see what I get.

I just didn't know how you would get for each person list of all orders (example)
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2007 at 1:43pm
Just do what I said in a post a while back. It should all work out. But don't say that it doesn't work until you at least tried it and have and something to work with. 
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2007 at 1:46pm
huh, u r a smart man :) OK, I won't post anything until I try it
IP IP Logged
wattsjr
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wattsjr Replybullet Posted: 01 Oct 2007 at 10:54am
Hi Brian,

In reading your post, I just had to go to my copy of your new book and read the rest of what you wrote on Checkboxes.  Now I have a couple of comments and questions.

Comments: 

1. Cool, I especially like the idea of using the phone symble instead of "PH:" or "Phone:" as a label next to the phone number.

2. You're right, converting to decimal from hex is a real pain.  So I built a quick spreadsheet using the "HEX2DEC" function to list all of the numbers (and their decimal equivalents) from 01 to FF. I printed it to a PDF, and now it's a quick look-up.

Questions:

1. Do you always have to use a three character decimal number? For instance, in converting envelope character (HEX 2A) to decimal, do you use Chr(42) or Chr(042)? It seems that I remember from the old "Alt + NumPad" days, that we always had to type three digits.

2. Is the Wingdings font resonably universal?  Or is there some chance of  it not being translated properly by some PC/Printer combinations?

Thanks.
-jrw
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 01 Oct 2007 at 11:00am
Glad this has been helpful! For the ChrW() function, you don't need three digits. CR just looks at the raw decimal number when doing the conversion. Yeah, I think the Alt+Numpad required three digits, but that was a Windows hidden keystroke type of thing-a-ma-jib. 

I think Wingdings is a universal font for Windows. There might be some add chance that it doesn't get converted, but I would think that this would be for non-standard printers (bar code printers, dot matrix, etc.) Otherwise, I've never come across a problem.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 04 Oct 2007 at 1:10pm
Brain - I followed your recommendation by putting section A in the page header so it displays on each page, and put section B in detail section. I checked New Page after so for each record it prints on a new page. Now the last problem I have is that I can get data in new pages, but the format around it is not passing through. The Order section should be in a box, that box only shows on page 1, but the rest of pages only contain data.

I appreciate if you could assist me with that as well.

Thanks,
Lava
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version