Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal 10 - help with Checkbox Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 1:22pm
Well, I don't know how you will fit the info into the section b/c I don't know what the criteria are. Does it have to be an exact height or is there a valid range? Since there is more than one detail record, is there a restriction on how much space each record can use? I need more info on what you are having a problem with.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 1:36pm
Brain - Regardless of where the data is coming from, could you please advise me on how to setup the report? My goal is to have section A fixed, while I can page through section B based on number of enteries I have for the perosn.

Lava

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 1:57pm
Ah! Now I see what you are doing. The key was "Section A fixed". So you want Section B to be scrollable while the Section A data is fixed like you can do in Excel and locking rows. Unfortunately, CR doesn't have this feature (what a let-down after all these posts). You could have Section A print at the top of each page by putting it in the Page Header section. That lets you still see Section A data as you move from page to page. But I'm thinking this probably isn't what you are looking for. You could make Section B an on-demand subreport so that the user can double-click on it and it opens Section B data in a new tab. Again, probably not what you want. But these are really the only options if I'm interpreting your question correctly.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2007 at 11:10am
Brain - Thank you very much for your time.

The problem is that we have to have for each form, list of the detailed information about the person (Section A), and list of all related data for that person in Section B. The person might have 1 or many data based on his record. I believe that they need to have all data listed on a page, I am still waiting on a user for clarification. Also, they want to print the form, I assume list section A along with all information of section B.

Lava
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2007 at 11:19am
Ok, but so far this sounds like what I already discussed. 'Section A' will be the group header/footer using the Person Id as the group field. 'Section B' will be the Details section that lists the related data. Have you tried this yet? Give it a shot and see if it gets you what you need. And if you need each person on a separate page, use the Format Section option and click the option New Page After.

I think this should be what you need!
IP IP Logged
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2007 at 11:30am
Brain - Is there a a way I can call you? It is easier for me to explain section B so you get a better idea.

Thanks,
Lava
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2007 at 11:38am
Sorry. I'm at work and calling wouldn't be good. Can you do a screen shot online and link to it or something?
IP IP Logged
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2007 at 1:13pm

Brain - Lets say the green section is how my form should look l like. Under the green section, I have 2 more orders that I want to display as well. What is the best way to display all 3 orders. Is it clear now?

Section A          

Name ABC   Perosnal ID 123  
Address          
DOB  5-Dec   COB USA  

Section B          

Order Type Cloth   Order Date 1-Dec  
      Purchase Date    

Status New   Received? Y N N  
Order Type     Order Date 4-May  
      Purchase Date    

Status Closed   Received? Y N N  
Order Type     Order Date 6-Jul  
      Purchase Date 4-Apr  

Status Pending   Received? Y N Y  
IP IP Logged
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2007 at 1:15pm
Sorry, I didn't know how to attach a document, so I just copied/paste from Excel.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2007 at 1:28pm
This is just a grouping report. Plain and simple. Have you tried to create a group on the Person Id yet?
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version