Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Reports not displaying in development server Post Reply Post New Topic
GoLive

Online Status: Offline
Quote GoLive Replybullet Topic: Reports not displaying in development server
    Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 5:04am
Hi,
My reports works fine in my local machine. But when i pushed it to development server to test, it displays the following error:
Failed to load database information. Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ReportViewer {2E85E5E2-D118-438D-BD62-9B30F2E6E224}.rpt: Failed to load database information.

Do you have any idea what i need to configure in development server or make changes in my code.

Thank you.
GoLive
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 11:15am

What type of database are you connecting to?  Has the database client software been installed on the Dev server?  If you're using an ODBC connection, then the same ODBC DSN that you used when designing your report also must be available on the server.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
GoLive

Quote GoLive Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 4:06am
I am using Oracle and ASP.NET 2.0 with connection string defined in Web.config file to connect to database which is in development server. I use command as DataSource to report which contains required SQL statement.
Now, the scenario is I can connect to database which is in development server from my local machine and able to view the report. But when i upload my project to development server and run the reports, it shows error "Failed to load database information". I was wondering if this has something to do with not being able to gain access to TNSNames in development or any permission issues.
Please help.

Thanks

Edited by GoLive - 25 Mar 2011 at 4:06am
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 5:26am
Can you tnsping your database from the webserver?  I suspect not - which indicates that the webserver is not able to connect to the database either due to tnsnames issues or permission issues.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
GoLive

Quote GoLive Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 5:45am
Hi Dell,
I was able to get OK result while doing TNSping to the database from the web server. Also, the way how my application works is, it first display results in html page and then if users wants they can print in pdf format. I get the results without any problem in normal web format,which means it is connecting to the database correctly and the problem is only when it is creating pdf files. But, this works in my local machine, I am able to create reports perfectly and the only problem is creating a report in development server.
I think i read somewhere it might be because crystal report not able to read TNS entries.
Please help.
Thank you
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 8:22am
What type of connection does your report use?  Is it ODBC or native Oracle?

-Dell
IP IP Logged
GoLive

Quote GoLive Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 8:32am
It uses Native Oracle Client Connection.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version