Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: create jdbc connection hangs Crystal 2008 Post Reply Post New Topic
wangjin

Online Status: Offline
Quote wangjin Replybullet Topic: create jdbc connection hangs Crystal 2008
    Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 4:53pm
Hello;

I could do with some help as i'm pretty well stuck.

I'm trying to connect crystal report 2008 CR developer version 12.0.0.683 to a MSSql server 2005 Database on our network for jdbc.

There is jdbc driver sqljdbc.jar with installation under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java\lib\jdbc"

I then opened the CRConfig.xml in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java" and added "C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/jdbc/sqljdbc.jar;" after the last semicolon just before ${CLASSPATH}

I then open Crystal reports, standerd report wizard, create new connection, JDBC (JNDI), I then enter my DB URL: " jdbc:sqlserver://dbs-mssql2k5:1433;DatabaseName=IBM"  and driver class "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver".

Then next, then I enter username and password, selected the database wisconsin_prod from the list in Dabase dropdown box. Then click finish, then ,crystal hangs.

Since then If I try to do the same, I am not able to see the list of database from database dropdown. I think the connection was broken.

Any idea? I think I have done everything right.

Thanks for the help,

Jean

IP IP Logged
riclueje

Online Status: Offline
Quote riclueje Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 4:37am
Hi:

I have the same problem. Have you resolved it yet?

Thanks
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version