Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Report Disappearing Post Reply Post New Topic
bdean

Online Status: Offline
Quote bdean Replybullet Topic: Report Disappearing
    Posted: 31 Jul 2007 at 9:54am
I am currently migrating an app from .NET 2003 with Crystal 8.5 reports to .NET 2005 with Crystal XI embedded reports.

I have finally gotten past the slow page performance issue by using the Session variables.  I can now navigate from page to page quite quickly, but now when I click on the CrystalReportViewer toolbar print icon, the report disappears from the screen and nothing happens....before I was using the session variables a new window would open with the report as a pdf file and I could then print from there.

What am I missing?
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 31 Jul 2007 at 10:12am
I haven't seen this before. Nor have I seen that using Session collection change the reporting behavior. I would check to make sure you are loading the ReportDocument class in the session collection and then when you retrieve it, try retrieving it by casting it as the ReportDocument as well as the embedded report class name (try both to see if it changes the behavior). Also, try retrieving the report from the Session collection in the Init() event of the web page.

Again, I haven't seen this before so these ideas are just guesses at what might be causing it.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
bdean

Quote bdean Replybullet Posted: 01 Aug 2007 at 5:10am

The Init() event was the problem.  I added retrieving the report from the Session collection in the Init() event and it's working great now.  Thanks for the hint and the very fast answer.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version