Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Crystal 9 connecting data source using XSD Post Reply Post New Topic
crystalnet123

Online Status: Offline
Quote crystalnet123 Replybullet Topic: Crystal 9 connecting data source using XSD
    Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 7:57pm
Hi
I am using CR 9.0 and SQL server 2005. In the past I have connected to the datasource using ODBC RDO or OLE DB to connect to datasource and I would drag the columns into the CR report template.

However, in the place I work in the method is to use an XSD file which has all the columns that the Database stored procedure finally returns and then I need to add the parameters to the report from the Database procedure.

I have never used this method and am not sure where to start. I have the XSD file with all the columns and am using VS 2005.

I am told to connect the datasource to the xsd. What does this mean? Then I am told to add the parameters to the report through the designer.

I am told that I would need some add-ins for Crystal 9 to connect to an xsd file.  I tried to connect to ADO.Net  but I could not so maybe I did not have the relevant add-ins needed?

I am told that I can use Visual Studio 2005 to connect to the xsd file.

I am told that I can connect to the xsd file in a way similar to connecting to a database.

Question: How do I connect the blank crystal template other than ODBC using .XSD file that contains the columns  and VS 2005? I tried ADO.Net but that did not work. Should I try from VS 2005 and if so how do I go about adding an XSD file to the Blank report as a Datasource?

I tried posting the question on another forum Crystal Reports for Dot Net but no response as yet.

Thanks!  Any help is much appreciated.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version