Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Group through coding and take the required values Post Reply Post New Topic
suresh.gooty

Online Status: Offline
Quote suresh.gooty Replybullet Topic: Group through coding and take the required values
    Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 12:06am
Hi All,

I am facing one big problem from last one week in crystal reports 2008. I have a situation to group two columns ID and Product name..... there are some ID's which are displaying twice and the dates are different.... i want to display only the one for which date is bigger. for this if i am grouping the ID field and writing the code to get the maximum of date into a seperate variable it is possible and i am able to do that..... as follows
maximum({date},{pID}) second parameter indicates the group...... I am getting the maximum value and comparing with the date and suppressing which is not required....... now the problem is i dont want to show that id in report and the name should be grouped and sorted in ascending order..... if i make name as first group..... i dont get the max(date) because the duplicate providerid's are available in different across groups..... 
Now the solution which i need is i want to group a ID through coding and get the max value into variable (which should not change after ungroup). then i want to ungroup through coding and then my name group should be available in report to display..... so that i can calculate total of the remaining values based on name group............ Please check and let me know if anybody have any idea related to this.

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh Gooty
Sr Software Analyst
Crystal Reports/Business Objects
Thanks & Regards,
Suresh Gooty
Sr Software Programmer
Crystal Reports XI & BO
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version