Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: inserting column to the database Post Reply Post New Topic
annu

Online Status: Offline
Quote annu Replybullet Topic: inserting column to the database
    Posted: 21 May 2007 at 11:53pm

Hi!

I am working on asp.net 2.0 with sql server 2005 as the backend.i am using crystal report for my application.in this i have got a column(by name Rtotal01) which makes use of the running total field to summarise two other columns.now i want to insert the values of this column into the database.i gave this command:

insertCmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@ABC",RTotal01.Text));

where ABC is the column name in my database where i want to insert the RTotal01 values.

i got the following error:The name RTotal01 does not exist in the current context.so how do i insert the column values into the database?is there any way out.kindly help.thanking in advance.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 10:28am
I don't have the details on how to to do this with me right now, but the idea is that you need to use a SQL Command object in the report. It uses the INSERT statement and follows SQL syntax. Then pass the running total to the SQL parameter (that is the part I can't remember and would have to research). You can search the support site for updateable SQL and see if you can get more details there.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version