Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Managing Report in a Single Page Post Reply Post New Topic

Online Status: Offline
Quote 001831 Replybullet Topic: Managing Report in a Single Page
    Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 8:29pm
Hi guys, I've found this link http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6339 which focus on conditionally change the font size.  Well, currentlly, I have the same problem.  One of the requirement for the report is that, I have to fit the data in a single page report. In my detail section I only have one field which is a text field data type in my database.  The report must not produce two pages, so the only way to do is to change the font size dynamically but how will I know if the report produces two pages? Please help me with this matter. Thank you in advance.
There is always a time for everything.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 6:09am
As far as I know, there is no way, and if the text is really long, the font may be too small to be readable.

Crystal does not provide any means of determining at run time how many pages it is going to use.

What you might try is building test cases.  Crystal does have the len() function and depending on the length of the text, you could change the font.  This would be a lot of trial and error, I think, but it is the one approach that might work.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version