Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Want to Order Cross-Tab Post Reply Post New Topic
mikebird
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote mikebird Replybullet Topic: Want to Order Cross-Tab
    Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 4:02am
I have a simple cross-tab with a single row and single column field, and single count summary!

I'm glad to find the row group sort expert for the left row to let me to a Top N. I just really want to do a Top N on the field that's across the top as well, but that's not an option. Why can't I do the same for that? The way it works out is that I have totals across the top which are useful, but in random order. I want to have them in descending order, to have even more info.

I am thinking it can't be done because the grid of crossed values relies on that layout to cross-ref those values - if the totalled values were put in order, the other Top N values on the left would be out of order? Am I right?

So the only option is to take the column field and put it with the row field, which itself wrecks some layout as well, so I have to choose one way or the other. Damn data. Is there an alternative way? I can't see a way to discern anything by SQL or a formula to put into the cross-tab components.

I'm glad to learn this from such a simple 3-component cross-tab...
Life = luck (+/-) and effort (+/-). If you have no luck & make no effort, then you are dead
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version