Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Run Time Problem Post Reply Post New Topic
bogus

Online Status: Offline
Quote bogus Replybullet Topic: Run Time Problem
    Posted: 11 Mar 2008 at 9:40am
Good morning!

I am a noob here. Nice looking place!

A quick question: We have a rather complex VB.NET 2005 app running Crystal Reports v. 11.

There are a few reports that we have just created. Here is the problem: On our IT department PCs, everything works great. As soon as we deploy it to the staff, they get a message (during run time) requesting the database password!

What are we missing?? Is this a bug? Is there a setting issue? I mean, the entire problem smells of an installation issue... but I don't know where. We do have CrystalReportsRedist2005_x86.msm installed as a dependancy.

Thanks in advance!!
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2008 at 11:29am
When you say that everything works fine on the dev box, does that mean that they can open and review the report in Design mode, or are they actually running the application as well? I ask because there are different requirements for the two. In design mode, CR will keep you logged onto the database and everything will work fine, but when you deploy the report you have to log back onto the database everytime you open a report. You can use the ReportDocument.SetDatabaseLogin() method to set the user credentials.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
bogus

Quote bogus Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2008 at 11:39am
Good question.

The program works fine either in dev mode or exe mode on the dev box. As soon as it moves to the users machine, the report starts to require the database password.

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version