Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Connection to local .mdb using CR 10.5 x64 runtime Post Reply Post New Topic
davidkouts

Online Status: Offline
Quote davidkouts Replybullet Topic: Connection to local .mdb using CR 10.5 x64 runtime
    Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 5:32am
Hi,

I am using the CR 10.5 x86 and x64 runtimes for an application built in VS 2008. The application builds and runs correctly, and I am able to load and view a .rpt using an .mdb as the datasource.

In the x86 version of the application:

I use the CR 10.5 x86 runtimes, and the .rpt file was built using a DAO connection to an .mdb. I apply the following code to dynamically change the datasource:

public bool ChangeDatasource(string DatabasePath) // E.g. DatabasePath = "C:\newdata.mdb"
{
crConnectionInfo.ServerName = DatabasePath;
crConnectionInfo.DatabaseName = DatabasePath;
crConnectionInfo.UserID = "";
crConnectionInfo.Password = "password";
//Loop through all tables in the main report
crDatabase = crReportDocument.Database;
crTables = crDatabase.Tables;
for (int i = 0; i < crTables.Count; i++)
{
crTable = crTables i ;
crTableLogOnInfo = crTable.LogOnInfo;
crTableLogOnInfo.TableName = crTable.Name;
crTableLogOnInfo.ConnectionInfo = crConnectionInfo;
crTable.ApplyLogOnInfo(crTableLogOnInfo);
bool bOn = crTable.TestConnectivity();
if (!bOn)
MessageBox.Show("Failed to connect to " + crTable.Name);
}
crReportDocument.VerifyDatabase();
}

The above works perfectly in x86.

However, in the x64 version:

Using the CR 10.5 x64 runtimes, the application builds and runs correctly, and displays a simple report just fine.

However, when I use the code above, TestConnectivity() fails and I get the following error during VerifyDatabase():
"Error in File ____.rpt: Invalid mapping type value."

As I understand it, this is because the .rpt was built with a DAO connection, which does not support 64-bit. Thus, I am trying to alter the .rpt to use another connection. My results are as follows:

32-bit DSN, using DAO / ODBC / ADO: I can create the connection, but I still get the "Invalid mapping type value" error when running the code above in x64.

64-bit DSN using ODBC: I get an IM014 "The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch" error in the Database Expert when trying to set up the connection.

64-bit DSN using ADO: None of the provider options seem to work when setting up the connection in the Database Expert. I get errors like "Data source name not found and no default driver specified".

Note, before anyone asks: Yes, I do have the 64-bit Access ODBC drivers installed, and working. I use them in another part of my x64 application, and they work correctly.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version