Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Selecting stuff in a field? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
swatts
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 83
Quote swatts Replybullet Topic: Selecting stuff in a field?
     Posted: 07 May 2010 at 8:50am
Let's say that CR is pulling in a field as such:

Dr. Janet Doe -> No medical diagnosis so far Dr. Mark Doe -> Thinks that she has the flu

How can I make it look like this:

Dr. Janet Doe ->
No medical diagnosis so far
Dr. Mark Doe ->
Thinks she has the flu

I tried Carriage return but I replaced "->" with carriage return and it does not look right. It looks like this:

Dr. Janet Doe ->
No medical diagnosis so far Dr. Mark Doe ->
Thinks she has the flu
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2010 at 9:20am
With no puncuation before the second doctor, It could be pretty difficult.  If I had time, I might be able to come up with something.
IP IP Logged
swatts
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 83
Quote swatts Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2010 at 9:27am
I know. That seems to be the main problem. Nothing to signify any change. The only thing that I can think of is that the Doctors stay the same. The diagnosis is the only thing that changes.
IP IP Logged
JohnT
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Quote JohnT Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2010 at 11:26am

Could you replace the -> with a CR and replace the Dr. with CR & "Dr."?

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 08 May 2010 at 5:40pm
I would second John's thought and try and replace
"->" with
"->" + Chr(13)
 
as well as
" Dr. " with
Chr(13) +"Dr. "
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum