Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Subreports in columns Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
nina98765
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 05 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote nina98765 Replybullet Topic: Subreports in columns
     Posted: 05 May 2010 at 6:46am
Hi All,
I have a report which consists only of subreports, no data source in the main report.

I have 5 subreports which need to appear one after the other on the left-hand side of the page. Generally all 5 will have few enough lines to fit onto one page.

Then there is 1 subreport which needs to appear on the right-hand side of the page. This subreport can sometimes have many lines and need to go onto a second page.

To accomplish this I split my details section into 6 sections. I put the right-hand side subreport into the top details section (on the right side!), and marked it to underlay following sections. Then I put the 5 left-hand sections into the remaining 5 detail sections (on the left side!).

This works fine when the right-hand side is not longer than one page. However when it is, then all the left-hand subreports only start on the second page.

I have played around for hours with this, changing sections, grouping, etc, even tried putting the right-hand subreport as part of the main report and not a subreport, tried so many things I can't remember them all (and I am pretty experienced with Crystal -- 10+ years) but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get what I need.

If anyone can help out I would greatly appreciate it.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2010 at 7:21am
Did you right click on the 1st subreport and uncheck the 'Keep Object Together' (in the format).  I just did a simpified test, and it seemed to work.
IP IP Logged
nina98765
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 05 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote nina98765 Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2010 at 2:14pm
Thank you very, very much for your response.

I already had the subreport's Keep Together unchecked, and the first detail section's Keep Together unchecked.

I tried unchecking the Keep Together of all the other subreports -- didn't help. I tried re-checking the first detail section's Keep Together (while leaving the subreport's Keep Together unchecked) and it didn't help.

I'm not sure what's different about your test model from my report... but any further help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

(If you think it would help and are willing I would be glad to send over what I have here.)

Thanks again.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum