Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Multiple Analyses on 1 Page Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
hedleyp
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote hedleyp Replybullet Topic: Multiple Analyses on 1 Page
     Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 3:51am
Hi all,
         It has been a while since I used Crystal Reports (it was called Crystal 6 then) and I have a problem that needs urgent solving. I prepare reports on sales promotions for 1 of our clients and am currently using Excel to do this (very labour intensive). Let's say that there are 4 analyses that are done viz Unit Sales, Gross Sales, Gross Profit  & Gross Profit  %. If there are 40 shops and say 40 products then I don't really have a problem since there will be 4 pages for the shop tables and 4 for the products i.e. 1 page per analysis. When however there are 4 products and/or 5 shops, then without any remedial action, you will get 1 analysis per page and an awful waste of paper beneath it! What I want to do is to fit as many analyses on a page which is dependent on the number of products/shops in the promo. I have not worked with sub-reports before but I believe this is the way to go. We are using Crystal Reports .Net.
 
Can anyone help?
 
 
hedleyp
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 3:15am
it would seem that you want to suppress the new page before...I am assuming that is the mechanism that is 'wasting' space.  There isn't a way to predict how many pages any given data will hold, and you haven't mentioned what sort of layout the user desires....if they just want to reduce paper waste, I would do away with any forced page breaks and see how the data lays out.
 
Subreports would seem to be a red herring for the above reasons...you don't know how much room they will take, they will be accessing the same data but in a less efficient manner as it will multiply the number of hits to the database.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum