Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Topic: Report with subreport fails Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 2:11am
Hello,
I have a report with a sub report. I am able to run the report and subreport separately. When I add the sub report to the main report it fails... CR XI has encountered a problem and needs to close. This is an ODBC report. I pass parameters to the main report. I have been unable to find bad data. Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solutions?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 3:16am
it's been a long time since I needed a subreport, but I am assuming that you are passing parameters to the subreport from the main report...you don't mention that in the post. Also, as you are probably aware, subreports don't have the same sections as reports...could that be an issue?
Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 5:29am
Hi,
I have a subreport linked by a GL number. The subrport totals by GL# and passes the aged totals back to the main report. It is a hidden subreport. In the main report the passed totals are used for further calculations.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 5:49am
hidden as in suppressed? is it passing the values back via shared variables? I have had issues passing shared variables back from a suppressed subreport...though it might have been that I suppressed the whole section that the subreport was in.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum