Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Total by selected values Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
roi8877
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote roi8877 Replybullet Topic: Total by selected values
     Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 8:33pm
So lets say I pull in data into a report and I want to get the total for each unique item in a table field?

I can easily do this by grouping on the field and it would give me the total number of items per group, but sometimes not all the fields I'm totaling on will appear in the select statements..So when this is the case, It would be just zero on the report.

How might this be done?

Thanks
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 3:15am
not sure what you are after...the data that you want is not in your report? if so, it sounds like you might want to change the join condition on your table from an inner join to outer join, this would allow non-matching values into the report with NULL values.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum