I'm writing a report to find inventory items with negative quantity available for sale based on back orders, sales orders, purchase orders, etc. In this report there is a field for Primary Vendor and Lead Time (for purchasing). Some item numbers have multiple rows in the database because they have multiple vendors. Since this table has each availble vendor it also contains the lead time field.
There is another table that identifies the primary vendor for each item. In this table there is only one row per item number but there is no lead time.
I am using the Primary vendor field and the lead time field. The lead time is not always accurate because Crystal is pulling the first record that matches the item number. Even when I group by primary vendor the lead time is not accurate.
Is there a way to tell Crystal to pull the lead time for a specific item number and vendor? Basically I want to tell Crystal which row to pull data from when the criteria in the report matches multiple rows.
Sorry so long winded!
Thanks!