Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Include all Values in a Cross-Tab Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Shures
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Apr 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Shures Replybullet Topic: Include all Values in a Cross-Tab
     Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 6:58am

I am creating a cross-tab that is grouped by month and then by a possible five values across the top (A,B,C,D and E).  Some months won’t have an ‘A’ and/or a ‘B’ value so Crystal Omitts these from the columns but I still need them to show up with zeros as the count for those months. Any advice on how can I set this up would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 8:03am

Your source has to have all of the fields available (in each grouped level) in order for a CT to include the records. Crystal is not good at 'creating' data to fill in gaps.

If you made the ABCDE field as your rows and your datefield as columns it would accomplish this.


Edited by DBlank - 21 Apr 2010 at 8:39am
IP IP Logged
Shures
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Apr 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Shures Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 10:27am

Currently I am using the rows for names.  The report shows how many times a person did each of five different jobs for each month.  Maybe I can rethink the layout of the report.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum