Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Group & Summary Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kirildzolev
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Location: Macedonia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote kirildzolev Replybullet Topic: Group & Summary
     Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 5:39am
Hi everyone,

Can someone help me with creating this type of report
I have this data:

DepartmentName UserName Date InTime OutTime Total
Dep1   User1   20.01.2010   09:00   17:01   08:01
Dep1   User1   21.01.2010   09:00   17:01   08:01
Dep1   User1   22.01.2010   09:00   17:01   08:01
Dep1   User2   20.01.2010   09:00   17:01   08:01
Dep2   User3   22.01.2010   09:00   17:01   08:01

I need them to be in group by Department and sum by Total
for each user. Report should look like:
------------------
Dep1
User1 24:03
User2 08:01

Dep2
User3 08:01
------------------

For now I just set them in group, I suppress the detail
section where all rows are shown and calculate in formula the Total hours.

If I put in group footer UserName and Sum formula i get just one output
-----------------
Dep1
User1 24:03
-----------------
and nothing else. What am I doing wrong?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 5:49am
group by department then group by user then do an insert summary as a sum of total at group level 2 (users). move the summary from gf2 to gh2.
supress details section


Edited by DBlank - 19 Apr 2010 at 5:49am
IP IP Logged
kirildzolev
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Location: Macedonia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote kirildzolev Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 4:57am
Thanks for answer. I try, no success. In which detail section should all of my data be? What is the difference if it is in the first or second...
If I put users and summary in gh2, summary is null and only one user is shown and if i put them in gf2 summary is correct but still just one user
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 5:05am

No need to put anything in the detail section. Just suppress it.

Group1=Department Field
Only display the Group name on GH1
Group2=User Field
click on the Insert SUmmary button (Sigma Sign/looks like an E)
Field to Summarize=Total (assuming this is numeric)
Calculate as: SUM
Summary Location = Group 2
Hit OK
YOu will see a new field appear on group footer 2. MOve this to Group Header 2 next to the group 2 name
SUppress Details and group footers as you desire
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum