Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: help with filtering and totaling parts of a report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
anthony24
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote anthony24 Replybullet Topic: help with filtering and totaling parts of a report
     Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 4:28am

Ok for starters I am a Crystal Reports newbie so I hope this is an easy question for someone. I have an income statement report that currently has a detailed list of items for each department. For example:

Salary Expense - Finance 60000-10-1 $11111
Salary Expense - Factory 60000-20-1 $11111
Salary Expense - Welding 60000-25-1 $11111
Employee Training 63500-10-1 $2222
Employee Training 63500-20-1 $2222
Employee Training 63500-25-1 $2222

This is just a small example but basically what I need to accomplish is condensing and totaling these multiple department entries into one. For example:

Salary Expense 60000 $33333
Employee Training 63500 $6666

Now obviously there are a lot more entries but I hope you guys can see where I'm coming from. Also the account number isnt necessary to show up on the report I just figured using it would be the best way to accomplish my goals.

IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 4:39am
Group by  department, have a running total (or just use the Insert Summary) sum the entries, have it reset at the group.
 
I hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
anthony24
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote anthony24 Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 5:53am
ok I feel like I am making progress now but the problem I forsee is that not every expense has multiple departments to it. So when I am setting up the groups any recommendations on what I should do with the "others" tab. EDIT: I set the others tab to leave in their own group. I think I may have the grouping setup ok but is it normal that I still get multiple Salary Expenses being displayed instead of the Salary Expense - department like it was before? I think the summary may resolve this but I am having trouble figuring out how to set this up.

Example:
Before grouping:
Salary Expense - Finance
Salary Expense - Factory
Salary Expense - Welding

After setting up groups:
Salary Expense
Salary Expense
Salary Expense

Thanks for the help so far


Edited by anthony24 - 15 Apr 2010 at 5:54am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum