Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Exproting to .txt Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
deanrhurst
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote deanrhurst Replybullet Topic: Exproting to .txt
     Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 6:03am
Hi
 
I have to produce a .txt file for a client. The file contains orders and each order can contain up to 4 lines.  When exporting too .txt I am seeing additional line breaks in the middle of lines.  If I export straight into word the format is exactly correct and the extra line breaks are not there.
 
I have tried exporting in .xls, .csv, .doc, .txt and tried to then rename etc to see if I can get it to work.
 
This  needs to become a fully uatomated process with no human interference so I really need to resolve why when exporting to .txt additional carraige returns are in.
 
I know this is not a simple viewing problem as on testing with the client they cannot load the file as is as they too see the extra lines even if I do not touch the file.
 
Many Thanks for any help.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum