Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Cross Tab-Show as percentage Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
chirined
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Location: Lebanon
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote chirined Replybullet Topic: Cross Tab-Show as percentage
     Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 11:41pm
Hello guys,
 
I'm having trouble designing a cross-tab.
 
The summarized field is Distinctcount of number of students who have taken a certain mark (e.g. 3 students have the mark of 78, 5 with mark of 63...). And i need to show it as percentage of the total number of students in a grade level (e.g. 3 out of 30 =10%).
 
However i'm trying to show the percentage with 2 decimal numbers and i have chosen this numbering style from the Format field option but still i'm getting round numbers in the output (e.g. 13% instead of 13.25%)Confused
And this is affecting my output as the round numbers are adding up to 97% instead of 100% (because of the missing fractions)Unhappy
 
Any suggestions?
IP IP Logged
mags
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote mags Replybullet Posted: 20 May 2010 at 12:26am
I don't know whether this will help you. I was looking at learner progression and because I was counting the field 'unique student ID' I had the same problem - percentages only displaying integer and therefore not accurate enough. I overcame this by using the following formula 'if {Student__02_03_.# Unique Student ID}> 0 then 1 else 0' and suming the formula then showing the result as a percentage. Because I was using sum and not count it then displayed to 2 decimal places, however I was analysing enrollments and not distinct learners.
IP IP Logged
venky_115
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 67
Quote venky_115 Replybullet Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 11:34pm
Thanks mag, it is working fine
Regards
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum