Joined: 18 Feb 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Parameter as Array of user added values Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 8:06am
Hi! I am using Crystal XI with SQL server. I need the report witch will show Client ID and Client info from the Client.db table and the registration date witch aren't store anywhere. Therefore, the parameter needs to be a combination of Client ID and the Date user will just type: "Enter Client ID & Registration date in following format: 000000 - mm/dd/yyyy" Record selection is: totext({Client.ID}) in (totext(Val({?Client ID & Registration date}))) Registration Date formula: Right({?Client ID & Registration date},10) All this work very nice when we need show only one Client info with the Date. How should I change the record Selection and the Formula to let user add multiple Clients. Thanks a lot at advance.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 3:21am
I don't know that you can. You would have to have a multiple selection parameter, and I'm pretty sure that those come bound tables.
what might be simpler is to have the user enter all the information as a comma delimited string, and then in the record selection split the string into an array and proceed from there.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum