Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic Parameter isn't dynamic Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
MikeA57
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote MikeA57 Replybullet Topic: Dynamic Parameter isn't dynamic
     Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 6:43am
I've built a report that works great in Crystal 11. It has 2 parameters, 1 dynamic and 1 static. When I run it from within Crystal, I get the Parameter window and I have one dropdown listbox for the dynamic parameter and another one for the static one. When I save the report then attempt to run it from our application though, the static parameter works fine but the dynamic one is changed to a Discrete Value that requires me to type in the name of the field instead of clicking on a value in a list of choices.
The data that is reported on is from a Microsoft Jet database (Access) and a new one is built whenever the user presses the Print button on the report window. This local database is built before the report is actually called. Does anyone know why I'm unable to see my listbox when I run this report from within our app, but it works fine in Crystal?

Thanks,

Mike
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 6:51am
I am not sure,  I know for us here that dynamic parameters do not work properly on Crystal Enterprise XI.  I have heard rumors that it may work properly on 2008.
IP IP Logged
MikeA57
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote MikeA57 Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 7:00am
Well, I've got both versions on my machine (XI and 2008) and I tried to create this report in 2008 first and it didn't work there either. When I would run it there it would work great the first time I ran it in Crystal but if I saved it then ran it again I would get a login box wanting my Username and Password. Got the same thing over in our app too. That was pretty frustrating so I decided to try to build the same report in CRXI to see if I got the same results. Well, I don't have a login prompt but I don't get my pick list so it's still not working the way it should.
I've been working with Crystal for about 12 years now and have NEVER had a problem with getting prompts for login information as the data is always stored locally on the computer in the same folder as the .rpt.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum