Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Image jpg in report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Henriette
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Location: Netherlands
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Henriette Replybullet Topic: Image jpg in report
     Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 12:50am
Hello,
I have a question. I'm not so good in English but I hope someone understands my question and has an answer.
I'm working with CR v9.
My reports are connected to a SQL database.
The reports are connection to a program that is made in Visual C++.
 
I want to show a picture in my report.
I want to store the directory structure and the name of the file (jpg) in on field in the database.
 
Is this possible?
 
Kind regards
Henriette 
(from the Netherlands)
 
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 4:01am
You should be able to drop a picture on to the report (Insert, Picture).  The directory stucture is under Special Fields (look in the Field Explorer), it is called 'File Path and Name'.
IP IP Logged
Henriette
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Location: Netherlands
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Henriette Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 6:37am

Thanks for your reply but I don't understand what you mean. Or perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

In my database I have different records. These records are filled by a program.  (these are calculations of lease-cars)

Every car has a picture. So in every record there is a field (text) with the directory en file (jpg).

For the print of this calculation some customers want to print the picture of the car.
So I must put a field on the report and I don't know in front what picture I must print.
For example : calculation 1 has picture c:\my documents\fiat001.jpg
Calculation 2 has picture c:\my documents\mercedes004.jpg etc.etc.
 
I hope this will clear things up.
Hope to hear soon.
Greetings.
Henriette
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 7:40am
I am not sure if you can get the path to the picture unless that is stored in the database as a field.  I will check out some things.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum