Joined: 06 Jun 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Topic: conditional suppressing - sections Posted: 29 Jun 2007 at 12:33pm
Hi,
I am struggling with suppressing a few sections on my report using conditions.
If I want to suppress a section unless the entity is ABC for example, I tried using
formula = Entity.Name <> ABC
I did this through the section expert, Should this not only show the section if the ENtity is ABC? It isn't working for this or other sections I've tried it with.
Please help! I have to finish this report in a couple hours and I am stressed!
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 29 Jun 2007 at 1:33pm
I assume that you're using Basic syntax? Anyway, the formula looks fine. Something else must be going on behind the scenes that you aren't noticing. To debug this, I would check to make sure you did the other steps correctly. For example, just go into the formula editor and put
formula = true
and make sure that this suppresses it. If not, figure out if you missed something or if something is overriding the value. Then go back and clean up the formula (although it looks fine to me).
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum