Home
Crystal Reports Training
Crystal Reports XI
Crystal Reports .NET
Crystal Reports Forum
News
Tech Support
Active Topics
Memberlist
Search
Help
Register
Login
Technical Questions
Crystal Reports Forum
:
Crystal Reports 9 through 2022
:
Technical Questions
Topic: Help with formula and String
Author
Message
lostwithcrw
Newbie
Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Help with formula and String
Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 2:26am
So I am fairly new to Crystal and struggling with formula.
I have a report that I need to edit. The field name is as follows {pr_GeneratePatAptCalendarRpt;1.Short Desc 2}
This returns the name of the short description (Complex Treatment for exmaple)
Instead of this value though I want it just to say treatment
I have tried several things but all I get is true or false
I have tried {pr_GeneratePatAptCalendarRpt;1.Short Desc 1} = "Treatment"
Any help really apprecaited
Edited by lostwithcrw - 16 Mar 2010 at 2:36am
IP Logged
saoco77
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Jun 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 3:05am
This is a simple solution. There are others.
if {pr_GeneratePatAptCalendarRpt;1.Short Desc 2}="Complex Treatment" then "Treatment"
To add other options to the formula use "else"
if {pr_GeneratePatAptCalendarRpt;1.Short Desc 2}="Complex Treatment" then "Treatment" else
if {pr_GeneratePatAptCalendarRpt;1.Short Desc 2}="Example B" then "B"
IP Logged
lostwithcrw
Newbie
Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 3:58am
Perfect, thats great. Thank you so much.
Edited by lostwithcrw - 16 Mar 2010 at 4:45am
IP Logged
Printable version
Forum Jump
-- Select Forum --
Announcements
Talk with the Author
Self-Publishing
Job Postings
New feature request
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Technical Questions
Tips and Tricks
Crystal Xcelsius
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
You
cannot
post new topics in this forum
You
cannot
reply to topics in this forum
You
cannot
delete your posts in this forum
You
cannot
edit your posts in this forum
You
cannot
create polls in this forum
You
cannot
vote in polls in this forum
HOME
|
FREE EBOOK
|
PROGRAMMING GUIDE
|
PURCHASE
|
REVIEWS
|
CONTACT ME
|
FAQ
|
LINKS
|
PRIVACY
|
CLICK PLAYS
|
KONACAD
© 2004-2026 Brian Bischof. All Rights Reserved.