Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: examples in book aren't working Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mcotten
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote mcotten Replybullet Topic: examples in book aren't working
     Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 8:25pm
I am new to Crystal Reports and to SQL querys. I have taken programming classes and understand the basics of database structure. I bought a book called "Crystal Reports XI:Offical Guide" but I am actually using version 10. In chapter 1 of the book they give an SQL example that I can't get to work. I don't know what is wrong as it is exactly like what the book has. Can anyone tell me why this isn't working?
 
SELECT
'Customer'.'Customer Name' AS 'Name',
'Customer'.'City' AS 'City',
'Orders'.'Order Amount' AS 'Amount',
'Orders'.'Order Date' AS 'Date'
FROM
'Customer' 'Customer' INNER JOIN 'Orders' 'Orders' ON
'Customer'.'Customer ID'='Orders'.'Customer ID'


Edited by mcotten - 13 Mar 2010 at 8:19am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 6:04am
Where are you putting this that it is not working?
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 8:06am

Do you have the DB connection to this database (looks like the Adventure Works DB)?

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 8:36am
Maybe they are using the Xtreme.mdb database? That is the database that the installed sample reports use. If you need a copy of it, I stored one on my server you can download.

http://blog.crystalreportsbook.com/crystal-reports-xtrememdb-download
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum